The San Antonio Spurs go into game 3 with a comfortable 2-0 lead on the Memphis Grizzlies. Most teams might be on their heels if they were 2 down in a series but, the Grizzlies are not new to being in this situation this post season. Against the L.A Clippers they were also down 2-0 in the first two games at the Clippers home court only to go on a 4-0 run to win the series. They are currently undefeated at home in the playoffs. Now The San Antonio Spurs are coming to FedExForum Arena to take on a struggling Memphis team.
Now lets compare Stats to Stats
SAN ANTONIO SPURS: TEAM LEADER PLAYOFF STATS
– 21.6 PPG – 45 FG% – 7.6 APG – 2.3 TO/A RATIO
– 17.5 PPG – 50.2 FG% – 1.5 BPG – 9.3 RPG
– 10.6 PPG — FG% – 44.8 3PT% – 4.1 RPG
TEAM STATS – 46.3 FG% – 37.1 3PT% – 11.3 TURNOVER PG – 23.9 APG
IMPORTANT NOTES: The Spurs have many advantages on the Grizzlies. First being their history in the playoffs and the success they have had. The Spurs are playoff veterans and have a very experienced team. They have won 4 NBA championships, 4 conference titles and 10 division titles in the last 14 years. They also are 19-2 overall in series when up 2-0 in the first two games.
In the past two games Tony Parker has accumulated 35 pts and is 15 for 34 on FG attempts. Not to mention hes coming off a 18 ASSIST GAME! Tony Parker will be key to the Spurs attack and their chance at a win. Also Kawhi Leonard has been a big help on the attack this series. He is 6 for 10 on threes and has 30 points 12 for 19 on total FG attempts.
MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES: TEAM LEADER PLAYOFF STATS
– 18 PPG – 47.9 FG% – 9.8 RPG – .9 TO/A RATIO
– 17.5 PPG – 46.3 FG% – 8.3 RPG – 2.2 BPG
– 17.4 PPG – 39 FG% – 29.6 3PT% – 7.4 APG
TEAM STATS – 42.4 FG% – 31.9 3PT% – 19.5 APG – 10.6 TURNOVERS PG
IMPORTANT NOTES: The Memphis grizzlies although impressive at home this post season have yet to ever win a championship, division title or conference title. They have some veterans Randolph being one of them but, he has struggled severely so far especially in the first game recording only 2 points. Randolph has averaged 18 PPG this post season but, has only accumulated 17 points in his last two games.
For the Grizzlies to have success in tonights game they need big defensive games from both Gasol and Randolph. The two have 46 total rebounds and 7 blocks combined this series. Memphis will also have to have a much better shooting game for they are only shooting 37% in the past two games.
AND THE WINNER IS….
SAN ANTONIO SPURS: For me there is a clear winner in this debate. With all that the Spurs bring to the table and with the experience they have on their team, it will be too much to handle for the Grizzlies. Although the Grizzlies have been good at home it seems that the players that have gotten them this far in the post season are just not showing up or matching up against the Spurs fire power. Tony Parker has really shown his dominance in the NBA this post season and is proving why he is one of the top point guards in the league. Memphis is also lacking a true 3 point shooter, someone who can change the momentum of the game in a few possessions.
FINAL SCORE PREDICTION: SPURS 91 – 86 GRIZZLIES
- (2) San Antonio Spurs (2-0) at (5) Memphis Grizzlies (0-2), 9 p.m. (ET) (bnd.com)
- Spurs’ Tony Parker Turned Away from Memphis Restaurant (bleacherreport.com)
- Blog Post: San Antonio Spurs at Memphis Grizzlies Start Time, Free Pick (pregame.com)
- Spurs taking little comfort in 2-0 lead against Grizzlies in conference finals (kens5.com)
- Grizzlies, Memphis ready to ‘believe’ vs Spurs (charlotteobserver.com)
- Western Conference Finals: Spurs vs Grizzlies (rcsportscorner.wordpress.com)